Broiler chickens are raised not only by large poultry farms and farmworkers on their own plots. With the onset of the summer season, the Chicks are purchased by summer residents. If you buy young animals in mid-may, then at the end of June you can get a good dividend. During the summer period, it is possible to grow 2 broiler stock. Already in 1.5 months, they have a good meat productivity. The weight of the carcass reaches 1.5 kg.
It is recommended to raise chickens no longer than 2 months. Otherwise, the young may have problems with their limbs. The legs may not support a large bird’s weight. In addition, when creating the breed, breeders paid little attention to immunity. What mode is required for broilers? How to take care of them?
Preparing the room
Broilers do not have a good immune system, so they need to be properly cared for. Before purchasing chickens, you should prepare a place for their habitation. The content can be cellular or free.
Experts say that when the cellular content of broilers to gain weight faster, grow better. It is possible to control the nutrition of Chicks. Cells are washed out using disinfecting solutions. They install an infrared light bulb, a thermometer, feeders and waterers.
- With free maintenance, all chickens eat from the same feeder and drink from the same drinker. There is a risk of infection, so it is important to keep the chicken coop clean.
- Before settling the young, the walls are lime-washed, the room is ventilated.
- Lime is also poured on the floor: 1 kg/m2 . Use a mixture of fine cleaning. The packaging indicates the standards of use for sanitary treatment of the chicken coop.
- On a layer of lime put hay or straw: the depth of the litter is 7 cm.
- Chickens need heat and light. This is achieved by heating devices and a lamp: it is hung above the floor at a distance of 50 cm.
- The lamp is not turned off around the clock. In the light, the Chicks develop better. From 2 weeks, the light is switched off for 30 minutes. Gradually increase the length of daylight hours to 20 hours.
- The temperature is maintained at 30 C. From week 2, it begins to decrease by 2 degrees per week, bringing it to 20 S.
- The floor should not be slippery. Otherwise, the legs of the Chicks will be separated into twine.
- All cracks in the Windows are sealed up to avoid drafts.
- If direct sunlight falls into the chicken coop, then the window is painted over with white paint.
- The room should be ventilated so that the air in it is always fresh.
- It is necessary to maintain a humidity percentage of 50-60%. Otherwise, the bird will get sick. Broilers are very sensitive to any deviations from the norm of temperature, humidity, air pollution.
- Litter in the room or pallets in cages are cleaned before feeding.
- On 1 m 2 place no more than 10 heads. Every week, the chickens are settled. In 1 month on 1 m 2 should not be more than 4 heads.
Broilers are characterized by a calm temperament, they do not fight, do not fly. Their accelerated weight gain is genetic. Feed consumption is 1.8 kg per 1 kg of live weight. Experts advise to grow the following breeds of birds: broiler 61, Smena 7, ROSS 708 and 308.
With poor-quality care, individuals will begin to get sick, they have an increased percentage of cases. At the big skusenosti 1 m2, often manifests itself rascles. Poor ventilation in the chicken coop will not be able to provide fresh air to the livestock. With an increased content of ammonia in the air, broilers show symptoms of conjunctivitis, inflammation of the respiratory tract.
If broiler chickens are raised at home, then they need to provide timely and high-quality feeding. Several methods are used: the use of combined feed, products from the garden, and from the table, a mixed-method, when some of the products are replaced with mixed feed. What is the best way to feed the broiler chicken stock?
Feeding with mixed feed
Chickens often experience stress when moving, which increases the mortality rate. To reduce excitability and saturate the body with energy, the livestock is immediately given a glucose solution or sweet water. The first feeding is carried out after grazing.
Some methods are used for feeding. The simplest way is to use a combined feed for broiler chickens. The mixes are already balanced in terms of protein, carbohydrates and fat. This feeding technique is well suited for novice poultry breeders. There is no need to calculate the amount of food that is required to schedule your diet. The following versions of mixes are used:
- up to 14 days use the “start” version; the feed is pellets; the main part of the mixture is corn, soy meal, wheat; molasses, vegetable fats, corn gluten are also contained here; broiler chickens are fed 6 times a day; daily weight gain is 30 g; the norm is 100 g;
- from 15-30 days, chickens are fed the “growth” version; the main products are cereals, sunflower meal and soy; the mixture includes yeast, meat and bone meal, fish meal, amino acids, enzymes, calcium carbonate, phosphates; it is recommended to give the bird 4 times a day; the increase is 50 g of live weight per day; the serving norm is 115 g;
- from 31 days to slaughter, the “finish” version of feed is used; it allows you to gain a mass of 1 kg in 20 days; the mixture includes wheat, corn, soy meal; fish and limestone flour, vitamins and mineral salts are added to the feed; sunflower oil; feeding is carried out 2-3 times a day; the norm is 150 g.
When feeding broilers with combined feed, it is necessary to remember that they need to consume a lot of water. It should be freely available. On 2 parts of dry feed, 1 chick should drink 3.5 parts of water. Otherwise, the bird will develop pathologies in the gastrointestinal tract.
Raising broiler chickens on the farmstead rarely involves feeding the livestock only with combined feed. Few courtiers can afford it. Experts suggest slightly changing the methodology. Bmvd is added to dry mixes: an additive that contains protein, mineral salts and vitamins. Its quantity should not exceed 20% of the total volume of the table.
The use of BMV allows you to improve digestion, increase immunity. Chickens gain weight better: 5-10% above the norm, while obesity is excluded. The Supplement is aimed at the growth of muscle fibers, and not at the increase of adipose tissue in poultry.
How to prepare a mash?
|1||1-4 days-the the norm is 15 g. Boiled eggs 2 g, crushed grain 5 g, cottage cheese and greens 1 g. the Mix is moistened with yogurt, yogurt, or skimmed milk 5.9 g. The juicy feed is periodically alternated. Nettle, greens from the garden, grated carrots, beets, and pumpkins are useful for young animals. From the grain, the most useful is barley, rye, oats, wheat|
|2||5-10 days-the the norm is 35-36 g. Cereals-12 g, greens 5 g, eggs 3 g, cottage cheese 2 g. meat and Bone flour, meal, bran 1 g. Calcium supplements 0.5 g. as an additive, the livestock is given feed chalk, crushed eggshells, crushed shell|
|3||11-20 days-the the norm is 68-69 g. the Amount of cereals increases to 25 g. Milk is added to the mix 20 g. Greens 10 g, potatoes 5 g, cottage cheese 3 g. Food additives: fish and meat-and-bone flour 2 g, cake 1.5 g, bran 2 g. Calcium 1 g. Begin to introduce dietary salt 0.05 g|
|4||21-30 days – the norm is 108-109 g. Main food cereals 40 g Add 25 g of milk to the mix. Potatoes require 15 g, greens 13 g. Protein additives: 1.5% cake, bran and meat-and-bone flour, 2 g each. Mineral additives: 2 g chalk, 0.1 g salt|
|5||31-60-the norm of 170-171 g. The amount of cereals grows to 60 g, milk to 35 g. Potatoes and grass for 30 g. On 5 g give cake and meat-and-bone flour. Enter 7 g of yeast, 3 g of calcium, 0.2 g of salt|
|6||From 2 weeks, fine gravel is added to the mix. Choose a fraction of 2 mm. The volume of gravel is 10 g per week per 1 head|
When raising broiler chickens at home, farmworkers try to prolong the maintenance of poultry in order to get a carcass of greater weight from it. Experts warn that chickens are gaining weight rapidly for up to 45 days. Then their growth begins to slow down gradually. The use of feed becomes ineffective, so they are recommended to be slaughtered in 1.5-2 months.
How to protect livestock from diseases?
Broiler breeds of birds do not differ in good immunity. It is not advisable to vaccinate them, because they are already used at 2 months of life. In order to protect the livestock from various kinds of infections, they are fed with vitamin complexes and antibiotics. For watering are guided by a certain scheme.
- From day 2, the livestock is injected with “Enrofloxacin”. Therapy is continued for 3 days. Carry out watering: 1 CC/l. Repeat therapy for 21 days.
- On day 7, individuals are injected with vitamins. Drop 1 drop into the mouth. Choose any complex that contains carotene, vitamin “E”, “B”.
- In 14 days, the chickens are drunk with “Baycoks”: 1 ml/l. This drug is prescribed for coccidiosis. The therapy lasts for 3 days.
- Once a week, it is recommended to drink livestock with a solution of potassium permanganate: prepare a solution of light pink color.
When growing broilers, experts recommend paying attention to the following points. With a free maintenance method, the floor covering should always be warm. For heating, use hot water bottles or a “warm floor” system. Observing the temperature regime, do not forget about the freshness of the air. Ventilation is carried out in an empty room: the chickens are taken out of the hen house.
Be sure to make sure that the litter is dry.Drinkers and feeders are recommended to be installed on certain sites: they can be concreted.If all the rules for keeping and feeding broilers are met, the mortality rate of livestock will be minimal, by 1.5 months you can get a carcass of up to 2 kg from each chicken.